St. Thomas, Mulgoa, 97th anniversary. Rev. W. R. Bowers, Rector or the Parish, in 1911, writes that each clan occupied separate portions of the tribal territory, or "Taurai" or food and hunting grounds. "Mulgoie" (Mulgoa) was one of these. Tooth evulsion (removal of a front tooth in adolescent boys) took place in the sight of Mulgoa's beautiful church. In the memory of one of the oldest inhabitants as many as 200 Aboriginals have been seen together at "The Cottage," the first residence of the Cox family in Mulgoa in the early days. (Adapted from Trove – Nepean Times (Penrith, NSW: 1882-1962) 1935.